Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WWC68 - Libby's Colour Challenge

Woo Hoo!  It's a color challenge and I know everyone loves those.  This week Libby Fens has decided to feature all five of the retiring 2014-16 In-Colors.  But don't let that scare you away.  You can use 3 or more of those wonderful colours to create your card.  Are you up for the challenge?


Colour challenges force one to use just the colours in the challenge, plus a neutral which is "free".  It's not always easy to stay within the palette, but that's why we have challenges---to force ourselves to work outside our comfortable "boxes".

This week we're changing things up just a bit.  Before we show off all the wonderful cards created by the Watercooler Artists, we're going to introduce this week's Guest Designer, Fiona Whitehead, and her lovely card.  "I've been crafting for over 20 years and started with scrap booking. I lived in Houston Texas from 2002 to 2005 and that's where I found my love for Stampin Up! When I returned to the UK in 2005 I was so excited when in 2008 SU came here and I signed up as a demo - one of the very few at that time. Sadly I had to leave after a year and I had to stop crafting. I returned to it this year both my crafting and SU. I still have and use some of those original inks I purchased in the US in 2002 - just shows what a great product it is. Outside of crafting I am an amateur opera singer, I have two dogs and two cats, two grown up kids and have been married to my husband for 31 years this year!" Fiona lives in Andover, Hampshire, the United Kingdom (but the internet shrinks the distance).

Fiona Whitehead

And now it's the Watercooler Artists' turn.  As usual, if you click on the name under each card, you can visit the blog post to see details on how the card was created.  We begin with Libby's wonderful use of the colours.








Guest Designer Possibilities:  Participation "adds up".  With regular participation, we may invite you to become a guest designer.  And don't forget, participating increases your exposure to so many other people.  To be eligible, participation in 4 out of 6 challenges is necessary.

And now it's your turn.  You can join us by linking up your creation with the InLinkz at the bottom of this challenge.

Remember:
          1.  This must be a new project---no back-linking to a previous post.
          2.  You must link your project back to our challenge (details at top of page).
          3.  You must link directly to your post, not simply your general blog.
          4.  Please link to no more than 4 challenges, including ours.
          5.  Have fun!

Please use the link-up below to share your project.  This Linky will close on Monday, May 23rd, at noon Mountain Standard Time.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the opportunity to be Guest Designer - what great cards from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry I missed this one - these are great colors, fun to work with, and I'll miss using them - just too many things going on this weekend - the entries you have are fabulous, though, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not "competing" ;)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. Anyway, we love to read comments and hope sharing that information doesn't scare you off.